Our regular meetings are held the third Friday of each month, 7pm, at the North Museum (400 College Ave, Lancaster, PA 17603).
Upcoming events in 2022:
- April 15th – To be announced
Speakers from 2022:
- Mar 18: Cancelled due to speaker unavailability
- Feb 18: Cancelled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jan 21: Chris Bert – Map Turtles of the Susquehanna River (Digital)
Speakers from 2021:
- Dec 17: Cancelled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Nov 19: Bob Ferguson: Tropical Rainforests: Herp Highlights from Seven Different Rainforest Regions (Digital)
- Oct 15: Cancelled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Sep 17: Cancelled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Aug 20: Nature Walk: Refreshing Mountain Wildlife Center with Mark Layton
- Jul 16: Nature Walk: White Cliffs of Conoy
- Jun 18: Nature Walk: Nixon County Park with Kelsey Frey
- May 21: Dave McNaughton, Herping in the Southwest (Digital)
- Apr 16: Jason Clark, Southeastern Reptile Rescue (Digital)
- Mar 19: Cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
- Feb 19: Gregory Wier & Carter Farmer – Chytrid fungus and its detrimental effect on amphibians (Digital)
- Jan 15: Cancelled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
Speakers from 2020:
- Dec 18: Cancelled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Nov 20: Bob Ferguson – Snakes of the Pine Barrens (Digital)
- Oct 16: Walter E. Meshaka, Jr. – Exotic Amphibians and Reptiles of the United States (Digital)
- Sep 18: Kyle Mays – Behind the Scenes with a National Aquarium Herpetologist (Digital)
- Aug 21: Nature walk at the Northwest River Trail
- Jul 17: Critter Encounter (Digital)
- Jun 19: Rick Amour: That Fish Place – That Pet Place (Digital)
- May 15: David Hand – Meet the Magnificent Marbled Salamander (Digital)
- Apr 17: Cancelled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Mar 20: Cancelled due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Feb 21: 15 Years of the Lancaster Herpetological Society with Jack Hubley
- Jan 17: Stories with Jesse Rothacker, Reptile Rescuer and Class Clown
Speakers from 2019:
- Jan 18: Dave McNaughton – Wood turtles
- Feb 15: Mitch Williams – Evolution of reptiles/prehistoric herps
- Mar 15: Brandon Ruhe – Pennsylvania Amphibian and Reptile Survey
- May 17: Mark Layton – Refreshing Mountain Wildlife Center
- Jul 19: Zach Barton – King and Milk Snakes
- Sep 20: Steve Enders – theTurtleRoom
- Oct 18: Carter Farmer and Gregory Wier – Chytrid Fungus
- Nov 15: Bob Ferguson – Amazon Herping
Speakers from 2018:
- Oct 19: Walter Meshaka Jr – The Role of Nesting Ecology in The Conservation of The Common Snapping Turtle in Pennsylvania
- Sep 21: Andy Adams – Northern Copperhead Behavior
- Jul 20: Pituophis: The Other Colubrid
- May 18: Billy Brown – Avid Herper in Urban Areas
- Apr 20: Christina Obrecht – Christina’s Reptile and Animal Sanctuary
- Feb 16: David Munoz – Understanding Salamander Response To Climate Change
- Jan 18: Patrick Walker – Kin Recognition in Leopard Geckos
Speakers from 2017:
- Dec 15: Holiday Social and Potluck
- Nov 17: Jason Bell – Caring for Reptiles and Amphibians at the Philadelphia Zoo
- Oct 20: Bob Ferguson – Neotropical Herping
- Sep 15: Kids Night at the Manheim Township Public Library
- Aug 18: Zach Barton – Crash Course in Corn Snake Genetics
- Jul 21: Christina Obrecht – Crocodilians
- Jun 16: Jason Bell from the Philadelphia Zoo
- May 19: Critter Encounter
- Apr 21: Toad Migration Walk at the Manheim Township Public Library
- Mar 17: Nixon Park Wetland Survey Field Trip
- Feb 17: Kurt Regester – Disease Ecology of Pennsylvania Amphibians
- Jan 20: Jamie Shinskie – eDNA Surveying for Hellbenders with speaker
Speakers from 2016:
- Friday, January 29, 2016, 7pm- Quest for the Pine Barrens Snake Sweep: A futile attempt to find and photograph every native snake that calls New Jersey’s Pinelands home, Manheim Township Public Library. ****FIFTH FRIDAY****
- Friday, February 19, 2016, 7pm- Sand Boa Ecology, Husbandry, and Breeding with speaker Patrick Walker, at the Richard M. Nixon County Park, 5922 Nixon Drive, York, PA 17403. Talk followed by a nature center behind-the-scenes tour.
- Friday, March 18, 2016, 7pm- Lancaster March Madness: Spring Amphibian Migration with speaker Roy Mellott Jr., Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, April 8, 2016, 7pm- Pinchot Park Herping Field Trip!
- Friday, April 15, 2016, 7pm- American Toad Migration Adventure, Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, May 20, 2016, 7pm- Art Through Chemistry with speakers Mark Sterlin and Mark Breen-Klein of Lucent Morphics Laboratory. Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, June 17, 2016, 7pm- Critter Encounter, Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, July 15, 2016, Best Beginning Herps with speaker Zach Barton, Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, August 19, 2016, 7pm, Kids Night, Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, September 16, 2016, 7pm, Bog Turtles in your Backyard with speaker George Gress of the Nature Conservancy, Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, October 21, 2016, 7pm, TBD, Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, November 18, 2016, 7pm, Meet the Zookeeper! with speaker Katie Govern from Zoo America, Manheim Township Public Library.
- Friday, December 16, 2016, 7pm, Holiday Social, Manheim Township Public Library.